Saturday, May 26, 2012

Here we go...

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind in the Nelson home.  Time is already flying by, I already feel like these next 8 months will go by so fast...and there's so much to do!  I've already had my first OB appt, crazy cravings (I ate about 3 avocados a day for a week straight), and nausea.  More than anything, I've had "pregnancy brain".  I am extremely forgetful and scatter-brained these days.  If anything, all my mishaps have kept us laughing!  

At my first appointment, we were told that I was 7 weeks along with a due date of January 8, 2013.  That was exciting news for us, we have lots of family birthdays in the month of January.  Cody's dad's birthday is in January, and not mention my dad's and Kaitlin's, on the 6th and the 7th.  So if the baby is born on the 8th, we will have birthdays on the 6th, 7th, and 8th!  How exciting!  Or perhaps the baby will be born on one of their birthdays, or even on New Year's Day!  Who knows!  We are already looking forward to taking the baby to the river next summer, he/she will be at a great age to enjoy the water!  Renay is already chomping at the bit to buy the baby's first life jacket!  Safety first!!



My first belly pic is not very exciting.  This was at 5 weeks right after we found out.  I already feel a little bigger now, at 7 1/2 weeks.  My jeans are definitely tighter!  I am constantly hungry, but haven't been making the best dietary choices.  I have been splurging on sweets...big surprise, right?  I definitely need to tone it down, I'm blaming it on the initial excitement of the pregnancy.  I will try to be more health conscious from here on out!  Cody doesn't want the baby to come out with a sugar high.

Well that's all for this week...nothing too exciting!  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment