Wednesday, December 12, 2012

One month to go!


Well it's officially less than one month away from my due date!  The nursery is ready, baby clothes are washed, carseat is assembled, and the hospital bag is packed and ready to go!  A few days ago Cody and I tag-teamed a massive grocery list, and tonight I began Day 1 of cooking meals to freeze for next month.  Today I made enchiladas and meatballs, and tomorrow I will tackle Hawaiian Chicken, Goulash, and Shredded Chicken for sandwiches and burritos.  By this weekend our freezer will be packed! As accomplished as I feel right now - I still have that lingering feeling in the back of my mind that I am not quite ready.  I'm sure there is some truth to that feeling - I mean, does anyone ever feel completely ready for a baby?  Hopefully I'm not the only one with doubts!

Cody and I decorated our home a little earlier than usual for Christmas this year, because we knew we would be taking everything down early as well.  We usually leave all of our decorations up until the first or second week of January, but with Miss Baileigh making an appearance soon, we decided we would take everything down the weekend after Christmas.  As much as I would love to bring her home to a house full of Christmas decorations, I know our house will be filled with lots of new baby stuff - which would probably make for a packed house and cause me lots of anxiety.  Right now my motto is 'the simpler, the better' - so with that being said, the decorations are coming down early!


No comments:

Post a Comment