Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's A..........

GIRL!!!!!!!  Yup that's right!!  We are still in shock.  Cody keeps saying, "I can't believe I'm going to have a daughter!"  I just can't wipe the smile off of my face.  Although, there is a little disclaimer.  The ultrasound tech said that she, personally, doesn't ever say the gender is 100% until 18 weeks.  I had the ultrasound today, at almost 17 weeks, so she said she is only 80% sure.  At first Cody and I were pretty bummed about this.  However, after the tech took a few good looks at the ultrasound, she seemed pretty sure of herself....so we are going with it!  I guess you truly never know until you get to meet them in the flesh, but we are going to go with Girl for now!



I'm writing this at 7:45pm, and let me tell you, it has been a very long day.  I woke up early to get a head start on my "gender reveal" cupcakes, took a shower and got ready, went maternity shopping with Lindsay (and found some GREAT stuff), then hurried home to meet up with Cody and head over to the imaging center.  As soon as the ultrasound was done, we hurried over to order pizza, got some Starbucks while we waited for the pizzas, hurried back home so I could stuff the cupcakes with pink frosting, skyped with Aunt Kaitlin and Uncle Doug in Korea (their reaction was awesome), then quickly cleaned the kitchen (to hide all evidence of pink frosting) before the whole family came over for dinner.



Once everybody arrived, it only took about 30 seconds until everybody had a cupcake in hand, ready to take a big bite to see what was inside....


For someone who doesn't eat carbs, Lindsay sure was eager to eat that cupcake!



Needless to say, everyone was ecstatic to see the pink frosting!  We are all very excited to have a girl in the family.  Cody and I can't believe we are going to be the lucky parents of a sweet little girl.  We love our little angel already!  We can't wait to meet you, Baileigh Dawn!





No comments:

Post a Comment